If you search for "Regnard Raquedan" on Google, the result is a little scattered. There are results that point to my blogs (like Standard Web Standards, Screensucked, and The AIM Blogger), professional sites I've made (Raquedan Consulting, Usability Consultant, and Internet Marketing Coach), plus the social network profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+).
I was recently inspired by the stuff I've been reading about focus. One Steve Jobs quote that comes to mind is:
“People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully.”There are many other nice insights about it and I realized I need to make my personal brand online more focused.
I want to highlight these things about me:
- My work - I've decided that I want to focus on User Experience and Community Management. I plan to put more about these in my professional websites.
- My writing - I wrote an e-book entitled "Did You Read The Case?" that I had Amazon publish on the Kindle Store. I see myself doing this more in the future.
- My blogs - This is where things get a little complicated. Right now, I blog about a slew of topics and I'm starting to think that I'm spreading myself too thin.
- Movies - Screensucked
- Basketball - Big Lakers Fan
- Work - Weboplex (Yep, it's a new blog powered by Tumblr!)
- Personal - RegnardRaquedan.com
Also, I'll be retiring some of my professional websites. I'm in the process of making a professional transition so I feel this is a good time to do it. I'll only maintain Raquedan.com as my professional website.
This streamlining will be an ongoing process that will probably stretch to early next year.